Random Photo

Random Photo
Random Photo I Put Up Here.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

American Idol: The Top Tourers

So the Top 10 or Top Tourers since they played the hell out of the fact that these Ten will be on tour this summer. It is R&B week with Usher, and I liked the choices of songs that I listened to on iTunes and hope they pick the right ones.

Siobhan Magnus: D, I hate to give a grade like that to Siobhan, but her rendition of Chaka's "Through the Fire" was just bad. As Simon put it "it was manslaughter." Her scream part was good, but getting through the beginning was rocky. Also, screaming at the end is getting old.

Casey James: A-, He made the best song choice of the season. Point Blank. Sam and Dave's "Hold On, I'm Coming" was the best song for him and I loved the performance all around. I do agree with some of the judges that it (his whole rock out thing) is playing out. But he promised an acoustic song for next week. Which he will be able to fulfill.

Micheal Lynche: A-, Big Mike did "Ready for Love", and it was great. I was disappointed that he didn't choose a different song, though.

Didi Benami: C+, A rendition of David Ruffin's "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted" that was not a wower by any means. It could have been much better but it wasn't horrible.

Tim Urban: B-, He was in key for Anita Baker's "Sweet Love", but it just didn't do it for me. Remember that scene in "Spider-Man 3" when Mary Jane was singing on Broadway and she just didn't cut it and was replaced? Well, yeah, that was Tim. Simon made the point that as long as he smiles they'll vote for him anyway so f@*k a critique cause he'll be back next week anyway. And he's right Tim has got the looks to bring in the gaga girls and the gaga homosexual males (trust me, I know, I have a friend, leave it at that) that will call for him.

Andrew Garcia: B, Doing a recent hit song, Chris Brown's "Forever." It brought him to a prominence that we haven't seen in a while and was good. But once again I have to agree with Simon, that with this song he came off as boring.

Katie Stevens: B, Someone tell me something, how is she still on the show? With that asked, this was a good performance overall. However, Aretha's "Chain of Fools" is a strong song and she didn't get that power. I think no one has since Fantasia.

Lee DeWyze: A-, Par Excellence from Lee. Doing "Treat Her Like A Lady", he went with it and made it his own with his guitar.

Crystal Bowersox: A-, I loved the song choice and her performance. "Midnight Train to Georgia" was fantastic. She switched it up by playing the piano and it was great. She said she hadn't played the piano in a while and I could tell because at times it looked like she was concentrating too hard and she was gonna loose it but she didn't. Great for her.

Aaron Kelly: B, Not his best. Doing "Ain't No Sunshine", I felt he didn't put enough soul into it. I mean he's weak and 16, when has gone through what Bill Withers went through to write this song? jk.

Overall Grade: B
______________________________________________

It was a good show overall. I liked most of the song choices. They decided to do a backstage expose all show and it was awkward at best, especially after Siohban. If I had to take a guess at who's gone, Siohban misstep may have been the release of the axe. J out.

No comments:

Post a Comment