Random Photo

Random Photo
Random Photo I Put Up Here.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

American Idol: The Top 9

So the Top 9 get to do the songs of Lennon and McCartney, perhaps some of the best music ever written. Can they do them justice? Apparently, Paul McCartney couldn't make it to be a mentor, but left them a video message to motivate.

Aaron Kelly: B, Not bad for him. Some rough spots but doing "The Long and Winding Road" wasn't a bad choice for him.

Katie Stevens B, Such a marked improvement for her. "Let It Be" is one of my favorite songs from them. She did it very well and as Kara said, she shouldn't be in the bottom three this week.

Andrew Garcia B+, Not a bad song choice and his rendition of "Can't Buy Me Love" was really danceable.

Michael Lynche: A-, I absolutely loved his rendition of "Eleanor Rigby." It was a risky chance he took changing the arrangement drastically, but it worked in my eyes. And for the first time this season, I think I actually disagreed with Simon on his critique, that it was to "musical like." It was current and hip and sounds like a track off his self-titled album?

Crystal Bowersox: A-, Excellent version of "Come Together" for Crystal. The fact that she had a didgeridoo completely won me over.

Tim Urban: B+, He was pretty good with "All My Loving." A much better performance than last week's.

Casey James: B+, The way he sung "Jealous Guy" just touched your soul. It really did. That was very good.

Siobhan Magnus: B, It was so much better than last week that I had to smack my ears. "Across the Universe" was such a good change for Siobhan. I loved that she finally changed it up.

Lee DeWyze: B, Not bad. However, I think "Hey Jude" is a bit. . .cliche? I just didn't feel it, but I loved the bagpipe insert.

Overall Grade: B+
________________________________________________
It was a good show for me. Very enjoyable. I liked the segments where the fellow castmates talked about each other. This show just seemed to be really good. I can't tell who will go because it was so good, but someone must go so we will see tomorrow. J out.

No comments:

Post a Comment