Random Photo

Random Photo
Random Photo I Put Up Here.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

American Idol: The Sinatra 5

So the top 5 go out with Sinatra on the brain. This comes after we lost Siobhan last week and only leaves Crystal as the sole woman on the show. Another guy-guy finale on the way? I say NO, but we'll have to see how everyone did tonite.

Aaron: B, It wasn't his best, it wasn't his worse. It was okay. "Fly Me to the Moon"

Casey: B-, He unfortunately was a very shaky affair. He sounded like an on-key lamb who was having an off night. Obviously this was not his forte. He's a rocker and tonight showed us that he isn't as dynamic as some thought. I loved how Simon made a joke and it fell flat and left like 5 seconds of silence. "Blue Skies"

Crystal: A-, she finally made tonight's show sound better. The problem though was that at times I felt the band drowned her out and she was engulfed. Something didn't click. "Summer Wind"

Mike: A, I though that his performance was great. He brought out the meaning of Sinatra tonight for the first time. I think he was the best of the night. "The Way You Look Tonight"

Lee: A, He performed my favorite Sinatra song and was great. Between him and Mike, they closed out the show the way it should have been. I didn't have Lee in my top 3 at the beginning of the 12, but as this season has gone on he has really impressed me. "That's Life"
_____________________________________________
All in all this was, IMO, a great night. I loved the fact that Harry Connick Jr. (the mentor) played the piano on stage. However, I think the band being there and creating such a loud atmosphere was too much of a challenge for the contestants to out sing. So if you sang a song that was band heavy (Aaron, Casey, MamaSox), it would affect them greatly. If I had to put an elimination hit on anybody I would say Aaron or Casey. Aaron because he's become bland and Casey because of his shakiness with Sinatra. The thing is though I don't think Casey's fans will hold that against him. We shall see tonight. J out.

No comments:

Post a Comment