Random Photo

Random Photo
Random Photo I Put Up Here.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Who's Afraid of Betty White?

I know I'm not and I'm really looking forward to her performance on Saturday Night Live about 24 hours away.

After a very successful Facebook campaign, Betty White was given the honor to host tomorrow's show, a Mother's Day special which will include appearances by past ladies of the show. That includes Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Ana Gasteyer, Rachel Dratch, Maya Rudolph, and Molly Shannon.

For the first time in a while Betty White is on fire. This was following her appearance in a Snickers Super Bowl Commercial this year. First off, I love the Snickers campaign that you aren't you when your hungry, and their follow up featuring Aretha Franklin and Liza Minelli. Second off, seeing Betty White get tackled full on (and Abe Vigoda) was hilarious. After being in that commercial she received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the Screen Actor's Guild (unrelated to her rise) and before people were in demand for Ms. White she appeared in "The Proposal" with Sandra Bullock.

I have always loved Betty White. I've been watching her on the Game Show Network for a long time and on Mary Tyler Moore and The Golden Girls. She is just comes across as the sweetest person ever. It will be a pure pleasure to look at her as she becomes the oldest host of SNL ever. The teasers have been hilarious.



The highest rated SNL in a while and of this season was the show hosted by Charles Barkley, who had some funny promos himself, and it garnered 10.4 million viewers. I think with this hyped up show that mark will be surpassed.Also, if The Lonely Island doesn't come up with a Digital Short this Saturday I would love it if they replayed MotherLover from last year. I can't wait for Betty and GSN will have a Match Game marathon of Betty's best to get people hyped up (I can't watch cause I don't get it here. . .grrr.) Here's me saying, WATCH SNL! J out.

No comments:

Post a Comment