Random Photo

Random Photo
Random Photo I Put Up Here.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

American Idol: The Top 24


The Top 24 began performing on Tuesday with the girls. I couldn't watch it though, but heard they were so so. Now the guys are performing and it started with controversy.

Chris Golightly was selected to be in the Top 24. However, in January he was cut when it was discovered that he had a pre-existing contract (or so he didn't think). Anyway the snafu gave a second chance to Tim Urban. Then it was rumored that Michael "Big Mike" Lynche was to be cut because his father broke the confidentiality agreement by revealing Mike was in the Top 24 before it aired. However, he is to perform Wednesday.


With all the prelim's out of the way. . .I will grade each of the guys on their performance.

Todrick Hall: C+ He did a "Since You've Been Gone" (Clarkson) that was hardly recognizable. Simon said he "murdered it". It was weird and not attractive.

Aaron Kelly: B- He did Rascal Flatts and was alright. It seemed bland to me and forgettable. I used his time to start up my loud microwave.

Jermaine Sellers: C- The 26 year old "diva" went old school with Oleta Adams "Get Here". But halfway through he began screaming the song. He tried to over sing it to make himself look good but it may mean his demise.

Tim Urban: C- The luckiest guy on American Idol, may have run out of luck. Singing One Republic's "Apologize" the music was louder than his voice or he was softer than the music. His voice was weak, which was probably why he was cut in the first place. What if, Chris Golightly, what if?

Joe Munoz: B+ He was the first guy I really liked, doing some Jason Mraz. He's likable and I can seem him making it far.

Tyler Grady: C It was and okay performance of "American Woman". The young/old rocker was a bit shaky at times and seemed lost in his performance. It was middle of the road.

Lee Dwyze: C+ He has great tone. But "Chasing Cars" was to me not the right song. It was still a good performance and Simon loved it? *gasp*.

John Park: B- I love this Asian and his voice. I was surprised by his song choice, "God Bless the Child". And although his voice did well with it, at times I though I was watching some has-been artist singing at a lounge gig. It could've been better, I hope he's back next week.

Michael "Big Mike" Lynche: B He brought "real" energy to the crowd for the first time. It could've been stronger but I liked it.

Alex Lambert: B- Not related to Adam, he was a bag full of nerves singing "Wonderful World" by James Morrison. He looked uncomfortable. It was good sounding yet awkward.

Casey James: B+ Kara's male mistress, had good song choice and good voice. I liked the whole thing.

Andrew Garcia: C+ Doing some Fall Out Boy, his voice was alright, but his song choice didn't live up to what he did in Hollywood Week. It could have been better.

So The Average: C+
Tonight was alright, some eyebrow raising at different points (and sometimes for the wrong reasons). These guys though need to really step it up. Results tomorrow. J out.

No comments:

Post a Comment