Random Photo

Random Photo
Random Photo I Put Up Here.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

That's the Way It Is

The Most Trusted Man in America has died. Walter Cronkite was literally the epitome of newsmen. He set the gold standard by which all others had to be compared to. If I still want to do with my life, what I want to do with my life Mr. Cronkite would be my idol. Funny that his death falls around the anniversary of the moon landing (post to come later) that he so championed for and covered extensively. I can remember only two times in which Walter semi-lost his composure on air. 1.) During the assination coverage for John F. Kennedy (with whom Walter was very good friends) and 2.) After Neil Armstrong took the first steps on the moon. He was truly and icon and his work and legacy shan't be forgotten. When you look at a news cast 50 years from now it will modeled after his example. Goodbye Walter and "That's the Way It Is"

No comments:

Post a Comment